Sunday, May 20, 2012

Un-concentration camp

I couldn't muster enough mental courage to continue writing my RRL revisions. I have all the materials in place, though. I just need to write away, which I find very difficult right now. I'm crisscrossing from MS Word to dramabeans.com to youtube to 4shared. Aaah... hope someone can invent a concentration pill.

Anyway, dramabeans.com is a great website for all Korean drama fans. The blogger claims that her blogs aim to deconstruct Korean dramas and Kpop culture. I think the aim of "deconstructing" is a rather tall order. You need to peel layers and layers of social constructs and contexts. It is highly theoretical and critical (owing to the Frankfurt guys' school of thought). But the way she has been doing it so far is not deconstruction but more of recapping and reviewing with insets of interesting trivia about Korean culture. Hello, semantics. But it is unarguably entertaining and informative. And the hundreds of comments! Oh the comments cracks me up all the time, especially those pertaining to Min Ho. Hahaha! These fans are a bunch of crazy funny ahjummas! Gotta love dramabeans!

No comments:

Post a Comment