Friday, May 25, 2012

I could no longer protect the boss

I am finally ditching Protect the Boss after one month and only 4 episodes. I couldn't take the three leads, Choi Gang-Hee, Ji Sung and Kim Jae-Joong.

The No Eun Sul character is really getting on my nerves. I find it too over the top and not cute, almost like an attempt to copy the character of Park Kae-In in Personal Taste. Kae-In was so adorable. She may not be pretty physically but you will find yourself embracing her clumsiness, kindheartedness and cuteness as the drama unfolds. And she is not screaming PLASTIC SURGERY. The 2 lead actors are also annoying, though I find Ji Sung more believable than Jae-Joong. Jae-Jong tries to act cold, cool and rich but it just doesn't come across. Lastly, after BOF, I've lost interest in stories about chaebols. I don't know if I'm having loyalty issues here. But the truth is, It didn't get me hooked. I am so not hooked that I kept switching from PTB to CH, then I finished CH for the second time, and I still was able to squeeze in a full 8-episode run of Mackerel Run. Sure it has some funny moments, but on the main, I didn't like it. When all of this (thesis) is over, I will definitely go to Korean dramaland with Lie to Me, Rooftop Prince, Coffee Prince, My Fair Lady, 49 Days, Secret Garden, etc.

No comments:

Post a Comment