Tuesday, October 19, 2010

Radyo Sagada

I stumbled upon Radyo Sagada through my field partner in La Union last June. She was making a documentary about it for her undergraduate thesis at UP Baguio. Still in its infancy stage, Radyo Sagada will be the first community radio in the lovely town of Sagada. They are still waiting for this final antenna to complete the technical set-up before conducting a test broadcast. And as a community radio, it is most interesting to see how the Kankana-ey culture and knowledge figure in this supposedly communal enterprise. Thus I came up with the thesis topic that talks about infusing indigenous knowledge in the production and management of Radyo Sagada.


Sagada, I think is feasible; more or less 12 hours travel by land. For one, the Cordillera has a special place in my heart. I am sure to learn and a lot - just like what I always have intended when I entered graduate school. A thesis is like a nightcap; a last hurrah; the final hurdle. Ibigay mo na lahat. In my case, this is my final chance (if the department grants me extension).


Oh, Kabunyan, let Radyo Sagada be my thesis!

No comments:

Post a Comment