Wednesday, October 20, 2010

Missent

Que horror! I was about to send a sort-of "hate e-mail" about my boss supposedly for an officemate but the e-mail happened to find my its way to my boss' e-mail. It was SENT. Blame it my poor attention to detail. It was 4 am! I thought I was on OBE (out-of body experience) for 10 seconds while staring at my computer screen which read: Message sent. Oh dear. Oh dear.


Here goes the e-mail:

HALATANG HINDI BINASA!!! May note na nga ako na may sariling definition of terms si <insert consultant's name> dun sa section niya on digital signature so no need to repeat.

"ALL MAJOR TERMS" - Ano ito, dictionary? Syempre naman mamili lang tayo ng terms na ginagamit sa report pero hindi naman explicitly defined hindi katulad ng source code, CF card na paulit ulit na nakadefine.
"The definition of terms should include even the technical terms mentioned in the IT reports" - Ano pa nga ba??? Kaya nga may technical and non-technical terms diba???

"They usually base their definitions on IT definitions" - MALAMANG!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

<Insert officemate's name/the should-be recipient>, anu ba to??? Basta may masabi at mautos lang! Kaasar!!!!!!! Eh sa totoo lang, para sa kanya lang naman yung definition of terms dahil di siya makaintindi!


Note: text in red are mine
---

Imagine this type of e-mail being sent to your boss. And for the next 30 minutes, I hoped against hope that there are softwares or other computer applications out there developed by geeks that enable these missent messages to be recalled. 

Ouch! Just when you thought the Internet has everything, if fails you.

At 6 am (or 2 hours after the "accident"), I am poised to lose my job by day-end. I thought this would be her perfect chance to get back at me for being such a bitch, for speaking my mind a little too much, for articulating our (the center's) mistakes that are rather left unsaid, for blurting out the realities and limitations of our study, for constantly ranting about her poor management skills and obvious lack of research acumen. In short, gago lang talaga ako. Haha. Ang masama nun, nahuli pa. 

This is such a horrific and blooper-ic day for me.

(But look, it's 3:15 pm and I'm still here)

No comments:

Post a Comment