Sunday, October 17, 2010

A blogger at 4am

It is official. Having subscribed to blogspot.com officially makes me a blogger. While it had always been a "plan," my concept of blogs being egocentric, out-there, and time-consuming prevented me from doing so.  I know for a fact, though, that people have actually made careers out of blogging. I suppose they are exempted from my anti-blogging sentiments. I  have irked at people who blog at their heart's content, clearly crossing the demarcation line between the public and private spheres. My introvert self is now speaking.

Nonetheless, my extrovert self welcomed the idea of opening up my own blog site for two main purposes:

1. Preservation and organization

At my current state of affairs, my sanity is begging to be preserved. Too much is going on with work, my impending return to graduate school (thesis and penalty subjects), to-do and when-to-do-list gone berserk,  and day-to-day blahs. Being able to articulate thoughts, plans, stories, etc. is the first step to organization. It must be noted though that 'organization' as mentioned here is not in any way related to some formal planner-like arrangement. This blog, I think, will help me compartmentalize thoughts in my head picking up important ones while negating the unimportant ones. I foresee some really long blogs coming and some one-liners ala twitter.

2. Documentation

This is what blogging is all about. In this regard, I also foresee posting of scanned old pictures and retelling of old stories in a process called digitization of memory. Current events as they happen shall also be posted here.

Matter of TIME

People have actually TIME on their hands more than what they believe they actually have. Otherwise, the Internet would not be what it is today, social networking sites would not be a hit and Zuckerberg would not be a billionaire. I still maintain that blogging is time-consuming. In fact, writing this very first blog took me 30 minutes already. But having established the reason for Nanangen's* existence, I suspect this is going to be fun. And private. And yes, time-consuming.

*Nanangen will be discussed in full next time (why nanagen?). It's 4:32am.

No comments:

Post a Comment