Monday, September 3, 2012

Queen In Hyun's Man: Afterthoughts

It's a surprisingly good drama. There is an obvious attraction between the two leads, and unlike any other Korean dramas, both recognized the attraction from the get-go bypassing the Korean drama cliche of bickering. It's so refreshing to NOT see a couple nearly killing each other, denying their feelings, and then succumbing to love in the end.

I'm writing this because I felt affected and attached to the story. And though I hate the word "aaaww" (if it is even considered a word), I have had too many "aawww" moments all the way through episode 16. Much of my love for QIHM is because of its simplicity. It doesn't feel large scale or flashy. The two leads aren't large scale as well compared with putting, say, Lee Min Ho in the lead. And the effect? It came off as really sincere and likeable. It's feel good time travelling romance with a heart.

Though Chi Soo and Eun Bi (Flower Boy Ramyun Shop) also had a happy ending, so did Gae In and Jin Ho  (Personal Taste) and all the others, I was happier with Boong Do and Hee Jin. The obstacles and stakes were far greater and higher to be together. In the last episode, I have already accepted that they can't really mess with time and the air time is just too short to inject another talisman arc. I was just waiting for a clean finish. But at the back of my mind, there's this silent wish that somehow they'd find themselves in the same time and space. And they did!


I love Ji Hyun Woo. Too much that LMH's in danger. Haha. (He's also stands 6'1" and that's saying a lot). He's just perfect for the role. I also love Yoo In Na. I usually have a problem liking the female leads, particularly in the case of Eun Bi (Lee Chung Ah). And some couples took a few episodes before they grow on me. But Jyun Woo and In Na nailed it. They look good and real together. So real they've become real-life couple! Hee! QIHM will surely go down as one of my favorites.

No comments:

Post a Comment