Monday, November 5, 2012

Missing Seoul

I loved every minute of my Korea trip. Until now, I can't believe I did a cross country. Every penny spent was worth it and the memories and pictures are just overwhelming. I am surely going to tell this to my grandkids.


I loved Gwanghwamun Square. Definitely one of my favorites in Seoul. Once you've had your picture taken there, it's like a stamp of approval (after the immigration stamp) that you've arrived in Korea. Why? Because on this spot, you get to see four main Korean landmarks one: 1) Gyeongbokgung Palace (hidden behind the statue), 2) King Sejong's statue (1st king of the Joseon Dynasty; hidden behind the statue), 3) Admiral Yi Sun-sin (a famous naval commander during the Japanese invasion in the1500s; seen in picture), 4. Bukhansan (or Mt. Bukhan; seen in picture).

No comments:

Post a Comment